Time: Lines in the water at 5:30am
Check in at weigh station by 12pm No Exceptions
Weigh-in starts at 11:00am
Location: April Fool Point Marina
Top Water Grill
815 Ave O (@ 9th street) San Leon, TX 77539
Max 3 Fisherman per Boat
Price: $275 per fisherman
Bring your own boat: $100 per fisherman
· Bring your own drinks and snacks for the boat.
· BYOB or they have a cash bar during awards.
· Lunch and awards at Top Water. Tips to the hard working guides are appreciated.
HEAVIEST STRINGER– Including ONE LEGAL REDFISH IN YOUR 5 FISH STRINGER TOTAL
Houma’s unique location near the Gulf of Mexico allows for one of the most diverse combinations of fishing found anywhere in the United States. Houma, Louisiana is a paradise with year-round fishing and incredibly liberal limits. The fishing regions around Houma, and the incorporated towns of Cocodrie, Dulac, Pointe Aux Chenes, Bayou Dularge and Chauvin, are home to coastal fishing, inland fishing, deep sea fishing, swamp and fly fishing, rodeos, and fishing tournaments. All in all, Southern Louisiana is a world-class fishing destination – with Houma the official gateway.
August 11th 5:30 PM to 8 PM
Captains meetings are mandatory for all anglers.
August 12th Launch at Safe Light
Scales Open 2PM and Close at 4PM
Harborwalk Marina, Hitchcock Texas
Team Registration: $400
Registration Fee: $35 Online and $45 at Captains Meeting
Big Fish Side Pot: $100
Angler Advantage: $100
Louis’ Bait Camp is hosting our 4th Annual Fishing Tournament on August 12, 2017.
Benefitting SISTERS HELPING SISTERS
*Three Fish Stringer (Slot Redfish / Speckled Trout) – $45/per angler
*Three Fish Stringer (Croaker / Piggy Perch) – $10 12 years and younger
*Side Pot Flounder (Heaviest Flounder, 1st to weigh-in) – $10/ per angler
1. Must follow TPWD Rules and regulations
2. Start time 6:00 AM
3. May fish East/West Galveston Bay
4. May use whatever bait you like
5. Weigh in starts at 1:00 PM MUST BE IN LINE BY 3:00 PM
6. Weigh master may disqualify any fish or angler
We will have great food, ice cold beer, vendors, live auction, kids activities, and live music featuring Dave Andrisek!!
For more information on the fishing tournament, please contact Barbara at 409-995-0959.
For more information on becoming a vendor, sponsorships or donating auction items, please contact Amanda Johnson at 409-935-9050.
Vendor booth spots:
10 X 12 spot
The 2017 Santa Fe Saltwater Open is a fishing tournament used to raise funds for the Santa Fe Police Officers Association. Entry is $100 per angler with 4 people max per boat. This will be a two day tournament that will award cash and prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd places in each of the following categories:
Heaviest Slot Redfish
Heaviest Stringer (3 Trout, 2 reds)
Additional Side Pots:
Spot pot $20 per angler
Big Fish $50 per angler
registration coming soon www.gotfishstix.com
Please make plans to join us as we team up with friends, family and our local community to raise funds for the treatment of Synovial Cancer for Captain Wayne Timmermann and his family! Recently diagnosed with a very rare form of sarcoma cancer, synovial sarcoma, Wayne continues to stay active doing exactly what he is most passionate about – fishing! We figured there is no better way to honor him and help his family out with the costs of his treatment than to throw a competitive fishing tournament, coupled with a full day of live music, BBQ, live & silent auctions, raffles and, of course, camaraderie with all of his favorite people!
JOIN US on August 19th for the Fishing Tournament (Weigh-in to be held at the Sanctuary at Costa Grande), followed immediately by a plated BBQ dinner, live music by No Chance Band and The Scott Taylor Band, live & silent auctions, raffle prize drawings and much more!
SAVE THE DATE in your calendars now, SHARE this event, and stay tuned to the Castin’ For Wayne Facebook Page for further details, fishing tournament entry form, raffle and live/silent auction item info and more forthcoming!
Welcome race particpants and fans! How about a place where both the sport of dragon boat and stand-up paddle racing meet and battle at an event like no other! With the combined forces of Island Paddle and Houston Heat Dragon Boat Club, we are excited to bring both paddling disciplines to one great event: The Galveston Battle on the Bay, held at Moody Gardens! We’ve taken our first-hand experience and input from fellow participants to put together an event like no other! This truly will be a paddling event run by paddlers! So gather your SUP and paddle! Round up your dragon boat crew! We’re gonna race until we see who comes out on top! Then at the end event, we’re gonna turn the top SUPs and the top dragon boat teams loose and see who is king! Not yet ready jump in on the races? Come out anyways! Spectator admission is free!Check out or website at www.battleonthebaygalvesto
Calling all Youth anglers for our 5th annual event!
$10 per Youth angler – Ages 12 & under
$15 per Teen angler – Ages 13 – 15
Categories for Youth anglers:
1st- 3rd place each
Biggest fish by weight (any legal species)
Smallest fish by weight (any legal species)
Plus one place each for Big Slot Red, Big Trout, and Big Flounder
Categories for Teen anglers:
1st- 3rd place each
Big slot Red by weight
Big Speck by weight
Big Flounder by weight
Don’t forget our art contest!
Rules & Regulations
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violation(s) will result in disqualification.
2. $10 per Youth Angler and/or $15 per Teen Angler
3. All entry fees will go back to the registered anglers in the form of prizes.
4. This is a youth tournament. Any number youths can fish together per boat.
5. Yes you can assist your youth angler in any way that you see fit. Remember this tournament is about them though.
6. Guides are allowed
7. Wade fishing is permitted; must be within sight of other anglers fishing with you (200 yards max)
8. Fishing hours will begin Sunrise (7:08 AM) on September 23, 2017. Contestants must be in weigh-in line by 1:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 12:00 p.m.
9. You may launch anywhere or fish from shore as long as you’re fishing within the defined tournament boundaries.
10. Youth Division – (12 & under) – Largest fish by weight (ANY SPECIES), Smallest fish by weight (ANY SPECIES) 1st-3rd place will be awarded in each category.
Largest Slot Red, Largest Trout, and Largest Flounder (by weight) – 1st place will be awarded in each category.
11. Teen Division – (13-15) – Largest Slot Red, Largest Trout and Largest Flounder — 1st-3rd place will be awarded in each category.
12. Artificial, Live or Dead Bait may be used. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
13. No angler(s) is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, kayak or wader, unless permission has been granted.
14. No fish may be accepted from or given to another angler.
15. All anglers on your boat or in your group must be entered in the Tournament.
16. Adults must register their kids to fish. The adult does not have to be entered in the tournament.
17. All anglers must have an adult or legal guardian present with them at all times.
18. Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
19. Google Earth Boundary Map: http://goo.gl/maps/kOz9p
20. All fish must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for measuring that are not within regulations will disqualify the angler.
21. In case of a tie, the angler that weighed in first shall prevail.
22. A Youth category fish may not be used in more than one category.
23. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL.
24. Each registered angler will receive a KIDSFISH2 Captains Bag.
25. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
26. Awards will be presented to each winning angler.
27. ART CONTEST (OPTIONAL): Draw or color your best fishing related picture and submit it at the weigh in. Pictures will be judged by tournament officials and the winner will receive an award and your picture will be used on next year’s KIDSFISH2 tournament flyer!
28. Awards Ceremony will run from 1:15 – 2:00 PM, September 23, 2017 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle) 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554.
29. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED